Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Fresh Asparagus infused with flavours of all kind.
- 1. To prepare Asparagus , snap off tough ends of spears where easily broken.
- 2. To ensure even cooking peel stem ends with vegetable peeler.
- 3. To steam Asparagus rinse and place in a steam basket, Place the steam basket in a large sauce pan, Add 2.5cm of water in the sauce pan, (water should not touch the bottom of the steam basket). Cover and bring to boil over a high heat and cook Asparagus for 5 - 8 minutes until crisp-tender. Add water when needed to prevent pan from boiling dry.
- 4. Remove spears from basket and make wreath of spears on warm round serving platter or arrange in glass mold.
- 5. Melt Butter and Lemon Juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour over Asparagus. Combine chopped Pepperoni and bread crumbs in small bowl and sprinkle over Asparagus.
TIPS: ENSURE THAT THE WATER IN THE PAN DURING STEAMING DOES NOT DRY UP.