Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 1 Hr Cook Time: 1 Hr 40 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr 40 Mins
Have your favorite hot beverage combined with your cold dessert for a tea time snack or dessert with this Sandwiches.
- 1. Lightly grease 2 - 3 baking trays.
- 2. With an electric mixer or wooden spoon beat the Butter or Margarine until soft. Beat in Caster Sugar.
- 3. Add the Flour and Coffee and mix by hand to form an evenly blended dough. Wrap in plastic bag and refrigerate at least 1 Hour.
- 4. Lightly sprinkle the work surface with Icing Sugar. Knead the dough on the sugared surface for a few minutes to soften in slightly.
- 5. Using a rolling pin dusted with Icing Sugar roll out the dough to 3cm thickness. With 6 cm fluted pastry cutter cut out 16 rounds. Transfer rounds to the prepared baking trays. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oven to 150 degrees or Gas Stove on 2. Bake the biscuits until they are lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Let them cool and firm up before removing them from the trays to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7. Remove Ice Cream from the freezer and let soften for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 8. With a metal spatula spread the Ice cream evenly on the flat side of eight of the Biscuits, leaving the edges clear. Top with remaining biscuits flat-side down.
- 9. Arrange the Ice Cream Sandwiches on a baking tray. Cover and Freeze at least 1hour before serving. Sift Coco powder over the top for garnish.
TIPS: YOU CAN USE ANY KIND OF ICE CREAM AND I WOULD RECOMEND THAT A PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM WILL DO IT JUSTICE.