Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 25 Mins
Have Ice cream in a Pie form with the Minty Chocolate flavour.
- 1. Line a 23 cm Pie pan with tinfoil. Place a round of greaseproof paper over the foil in the bottom of the pan.
- 2. In a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering, or in a double boiler melt the Chocolate chips and Butter or Margarine.
- 3. Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cereal, a little at a time let cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Press the chocolate-cereal mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tin forming a 1 cm rim. Refrigerate until completely hard.
- 5. Carefully remove the cereal Base from the tin and peel off the foil and greaseproof paper. Return the base to the pie pan.
- 6. Remove the Ice Cream from the freezer and let soften 10 minutes.
- 7. Spread Ice cream evenly in the crust. Freeze until firm for about an hour.
- 8.For the decorations use the heat of your hands to soften the Chocolate slightly. Draw the blade of a vegetable peeler along the smooth surface of the Chocolate to make Chocolate savings. Refrigerate Chocolate curls until needed.
- 9. Scatter the Chocolate curls over the Ice Cream just before serving.