Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Fat cakes (Vetkoek) that you can fill with anything.
- 1. Sift together the Flour and Salt.
- 2. Add the Egg and Soda Water. Mix all the ingredients together to get a smooth batter.
- 3. Add enough Oil to a pan so that the Oil will measure 1cm up the side of the pan. Place over medium-high heat and heat the oil.
- 4. Drop spoonfuls of batter in the warm oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- 5. Allow to cool down a bit before serving with Mince or with Butter Cheese and Honey.