Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Mins
Why not have a Pumpkin Pie the Old School way.
- INGREDIENTS FILLING
- 1. Line 230mm-diameter pie dis with pastry.
- 2. Bake at 200 degrees, 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through. Set aside. METHOD FILLING:
- 1. Beat Egg Yolk, Cream, Sugar, Spice and salt together. Stir in Pumpkin.
- 2. Whisk Egg white till soft peaks form, Fold it into the Pumpkin mixture.
- 3. Spoon into Pastry shell.
- 4. Bake @ 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- 5. to check if its cooked use a skewer and insert it in the centre of the pie and if it comes out clean then its ready.
- 6. Serve hot or cold with whipped cream.